Cedar International Academy NPC
Cedar International Academy (CEDAR) became a private tertiary institute in 2020
The name Cedar means “firmly rooted and strong” (a derivative of an old Arabic word). The Cedar Tree, the ‘King of the Trees’ is mentioned 75 times in the Bible. The Cedars of Lebanon are the prominent often growing up to 40m in height and with a circumference of up to 9m. The wood does not decay quickly, nor do larvae eat it. The Cedar Tree is solid and free from knots. The wood, bark, cones and even the leaves are saturated with resin. Its sap has a wonderful fragrance and repels insects. The massive shade is a favorite for weary travelers. The inside or heart of the tree displays a reddish cedar colour, while the exterior is whitish hue. King Solomon used these cedars in many of his buildings, especially in the temple (1 Kings 6:15). Scripture refers to the Cedar Tree as high and lifted up (Isaiah 2:13) which symbolically suggests grandeur, beauty, power and majesty.
There are many lessons we can learn from this tree:
- the heart is reddish in colour, speaking of a heart that has been cleansed by the blood of Christ,
- the white exterior, speaking to us of a life holy and without blame,
- the whole of the tree, filled with resin oil or the sap of life, symbolic of our whole bodies being a living sacrifice, filled with the Spirit of Life,
- it is tall, stately, deeply rooted and very beautiful to behold, symbolic of one’s stand for the Lord manifesting and magnifying His beauty.
It is CEDAR’s aim to embody these attributes in the students of Cedar International Academy.
Cedar International Academy NPC (CEDAR) (2020-)
- Cedar International Academy (CEDAR) became a private tertiary institute in 2020
- CEDAR is a non-profit company and in the final stages to of approval to take in students for Bachelor of Education in Foundation Phase Teaching
- We envision to equip and send out teachers who will positively impact their communities and for whom teaching ultimately is a calling.